Want to know whats running on your PC?

Simsy 21:29 08 Apr 07

I've just discovered the following utility, (which was on the coverdisc of another mag).

Process Scanner click here

Basically it takes a snapshot of what's runnning on your system, then goes it's database on the internet , then presents you with information on what each thing is doing.

It seems to work very well... It doesn't "install" as such; The "installation just unzips the app, (400Kb) to a foder on your C drive. As far as I can tell it doesn't make any registry entries.

You may find it useful if you want to know what thoghs things are that appear in task manager when you ctl-alt-del.

Regards,

Simsy

bof:) 22:01 08 Apr 07

Hi Simsy, just tried it, very good.

Mike

birdface 22:02 08 Apr 07

Thanks Simsy,Gave it a try,Good program,One that I will keep.

Dipso 22:47 08 Apr 07

Good program, anyone running Vista be aware that it identifies wininit.exe as a High Security threat but it is one of the Windows processes in Vista.

anchor 14:40 09 Apr 07

Thanks very useful; it tells you what those mysterious entries mean.

VoG II 15:00 09 Apr 07

Thanks Simsy.

There is also Quick Access click here

bluto1 15:13 09 Apr 07

Thanks Simsy.

Whaty 15:20 09 Apr 07

Thanks Simsy.

bof:) 16:03 09 Apr 07

Thankyou VoG™, I've added it to my useful downloads folder.

wolfie3000 16:06 09 Apr 07

Thanks, usefull tool

I got green light across the board so im happy :)

al7478 16:24 09 Apr 07

it says theres something from symantec running, when in fact i removed norton using their removal tool, and then ran ccleaner. they really did their job then! Ahem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…