want to go wireless

sweeney09 14:46 05 Apr 09

hi i have a home pc which i want to make wireless as got a new laptop with wireless built in i have a belkin wireless g + mimo router but cant connect using it with the pc or the laptop any1 helpme please cheers

Forum Editor 15:29 05 Apr 09

following the makers' instructions?

If you have, you would have used an ethernet cable between your PC and the router, so you could enter your ISP login details and save them to the router's firmware.

Once that was done your router should have connected to the internet, and you should have been able to go online on the PC.

Provided your PC has a wireless networking card installed you would be able to remove the Ethernet card and connect wirelessly. The same would apply to your laptop, provided you have turned the wireless network adapter on. Most laptops come with it turned off by default, so look for a small switch somewhere on the edge of the case (usually at the front) and make sure it's in the on position.

You'll have to tell Windows which wireless network to connect to - there will quite probably be more than one on the list of detected networks - but you'll only have to do so once,the computers will connect automatically after that.

dawood 14:30 06 Apr 09

You can have a look on this wireless network setup tutorial click here to check any incorrect configuration, hope able to help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…