Want a dual boot XP & 98

alcudia 14:53 18 Dec 03

I have fitted a spare 40Gb hard drive into my PC which I was going to use as a backup disc, but have had a change of mind. I have a couple of programs that just refuse to run on XP, so thought it would be a good idea to put 98 on the spare drive, which is set up and formatted as NTFS, and labelled drive G. I'm ok with that bit to get it back to FAT32 for 98, but as I have never tried this before, I need to be sure how I get 98 onto this G drive, without it defaulting to C, which has XP on it.

I assume I will still have to boot with the 98 floppy, and this is where it might get complicated, because the floppy will create the ramdrive and I am unsure as to what letter it will give it, and what it will do to the existing drive letters. At present I have C,D,E,F(sometimes, card reader) and G. Also I assume at some point I will be asked where I want install Win98, and enter a path. eg G:

If I have got anything wrong, or if there is anything I have left out I would be grateful for any advice.

I have got all the necessary drivers for '98

MAJ 15:29 18 Dec 03

click here see if that helps, alcudia.

alcudia 15:40 18 Dec 03

Thanks, I should have thought of searching, have found what I need

leo49 15:42 18 Dec 03

Or using 3rd party software Partition/Bootmagic makes it very easy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…