Want to do clean reinstall,but i am,

impact 11:36 10 Jun 07

concerned as i have never tried it before,if i make a mistake would my acronis TI8 backup save me?,last night i got as far as the option to delete the partition but i decided not to bother until i asked the forum this morning,i am not a complete beginner,i am confident in the registry etc,( computing for about two years)i really think my machine would benefit from a good clean,there seems to be a lot in the registry from previous downloads,but i am not sure what they are so i thought a reistall would help,plus ive got to learn sometime,any pointers or advice would be very gratefully received before i bite the bullet,thanks.ps, there are no partitions on my pc,

VoG II 11:41 10 Jun 07

click here should help.

SANTOS7 11:45 10 Jun 07

There should be an option in TI8 to Validate your backup image if you have not done this i would strongly recommend that you do, i made that mistake once and it cost me dear (backup was corrupt) and totally useless..

impact 11:59 10 Jun 07

thanks very much both,always verify my backups now since a friend of mine suffered the same fate, will have a good read now and post back, hopefully with a success story,im a bit wary but its got to be done,i feel better knowing i can ask the members of the forum if things go belly up thanks again.

impact 17:20 10 Jun 07

managed to do a clean install, wasnt too bad,i put all my software onto a cd from my programs but both my drives wont recognise the disk,i uninstalled the drivers from device manager and rebooted, but still cant access them,what can i do to get at them please? thanks.

VoG II 18:04 10 Jun 07

I would start a new thread for this. Many people won't read this one because it is ticked.

impact 18:24 10 Jun 07

sorry will do,it wasnt too scary thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…