want to create a website??

ShorN 00:33 03 Apr 03

hi all ,

I want to create a website! Here is what i want.

A welcome home page which links to a couple of other pages with pics etc. I also want people to be able to download small 6/7mb zip files from me,(ideally after registering with my site) It would be cool to add a message board or forum aswell.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I should go about starting this or can point me in the right direction I shall be extremely grateful. This uis my first attempt at web design so i need siomething basic!!
Thanks in Advance!!!

tbh72 00:40 03 Apr 03

Could I ask what the theme will be....!!! & also do you have web editing software available??

Pesala 01:05 03 Apr 03

click here to see the site for the Gentium font Anyone can download it without registering, but there is a survey that one can fill in.

You will need some webspace. I would recommend avoiding those that use advertising if you can. NTL provide some free webspace.

A forum may be a bit much to manage if you are new to websites. You could post an email address and add a feedback page, which is what I did:

click here

Unless people are using broadband, 6/7 Mbytes is not small. Try to reduce file sizes if you can. Are they pictures, fonts, or music?

barryoneoff.co.uk 01:56 03 Apr 03

you will have to go a long way to beat 1&1. You can use the forum CGI scripts amongst others. You can also use their web designer.

ShorN 07:42 03 Apr 03

i have web editing software, dreamweaver flash photoshop freehand etc, so im set to go! I have 250mb of webspace aswell. The theme will be for custom dvd covers and digital art.

« Ravin » 08:20 03 Apr 03

front page is a good tool to use.. just use it as you would a normal word document add your content insert pics and links and your set to go. imho the best way to learn is to experiment yourself

click here

tbh72 13:26 03 Apr 03

imho (in my humble opinion) guessing here!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…