Want to connect tablet to TV wirelessly.

bumpkin 15:36 PM 03 Feb 13

Hello, I would like to connect a tablet PC to a TV without the HDMI cable. There seems to be lots of devices available, I just need the simplest thing. A couple of little dongle type things I had in mind smaller the better. I have had a good look but not sure what is most suitable. Any suggestions please.

northumbria61 15:39 PM 03 Feb 13

Wired and Wireless options here enter link description here

bumpkin 15:52 PM 03 Feb 13

Thanks for the link, lots of info but can't really find what I want.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:47 PM 03 Feb 13

First question is will your TV accept wireless or a wireless dongle?

Woolwell 18:03 PM 03 Feb 13

Which tablet?

bumpkin 18:24 PM 03 Feb 13

Fruitbat, how do I tell, one is a 3mnths old LED with HDMI, the other a 4yr old plasma also with HDMI socket Is that enough info or do I need to to find the manuals. Woolwell, it is an Ainol Novo 10" tablet about 3 weeks old.

bumpkin 18:56 PM 03 Feb 13

I was thinking that I could transmit to a small receiver plugged into the HDMI port rather that direct to the TV as that would enable me to easily move it to another TV.

Woolwell 18:57 PM 03 Feb 13

I'd be surprised if the 4 yr old plasma can accept wireless or even ethernet.

Which make and model of LED?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:15 PM 03 Feb 13

Intel Wireless Display technology, or WiDi, built in to your tablet?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:16 PM 03 Feb 13

or maybe something like this?

bumpkin 20:40 PM 03 Feb 13

The plasma works Perfectly with a HDMI cable as does the LED. LED is Logik L24 FE12, plasma is Panasonic, can't find the manual. All I want to do is get rid of cable connections just like you do with a little USB stick to your router. I realize this is not the same thing but was hoping there may be something similar for HDMI transmission. Fruitbat, the tablet has WiFi not WiDi but has a mini HDMI port which I could plug a device into if such thing exists. The item in your link would probably work but it is too big, too expensive and not really what I need but thankyou anyway. As I said in OP I could not find anything myself, I would be surprised if there is nothing available to do this, maybe we should make one and patent it :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know