Want to bypass xp log on screen....How?

lixdexik 18:20 10 Oct 05

How can I boot up win xp without going through the welcome screen log on, or clicking on a user account.

I just want to switch it on and get to the desk top with out clicking on a user, or logging on. My other xp machine does not require a log on, so it is possible. I am not aware of doing anything different when I installed xp on either machine, but this one insists on a click or a log on. It’s just on of those niggling things that gets to be a real pain in the tonsils.

Any thoughts?

Cheers Lixdexik

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:23 10 Oct 05

Accounts options ---
To stop your system from displaying the Welcome Screen, go to "Start->Run" and type in "control userpasswords2" (but without the quatations). Untick the "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" option and click OK

VoG II 18:24 10 Oct 05

Start, Run, type in

control userpasswords2

and click OK. Untick 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer'.

Or TweakUI, Logon, Autologon. click here

lixdexik 19:03 10 Oct 05

Seem to get myself into sheep dip for a while, thank goodness for systen restore. however it now starts into the desk top as required.

Thank you both, spot on.

Cheers Lixdexik.

lixdexik 19:12 10 Oct 05

lixdexik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…