Want to buy a gaming laptop, please help.

Ripebear 21:51 PM 01 Aug 11

Right basically the situation is I need a gaming laptop that will run the new MMO The Old republic on max settings with a smooth frame rate.

Windows 7 OS.

System requirements at bottom of page, thats minimum but I want to run on max of course.

My budget is 500-800 maximum, I simple want to play this on max and maybe a few other games but nothing too demanding.

northumbria61 23:22 PM 01 Aug 11

Start here - Chillblast is a reputable firm. link text

Ripebear 03:16 AM 02 Aug 11

I had a look on there earlier. I made a post about a PC but decided I'm going to get a laptop instead.

But I could only find one laptop on there worth 3150 pounds..

northumbria61 11:40 AM 02 Aug 11

I don't think you are going to get a "gaming laptop", for that low. At least not a laptop good enough to call a gaming laptop - others may disagree. My personal opinion is that you can/will get a lot more for your money (spec.wise) with a desktop than a laptop.

I will continue to look around for you but in the meantime maybe someone else may be able to offer further advice.

QuizMan 11:51 AM 02 Aug 11

I often use the PCA reviews to guide me with purchases. The latest September issue praises the Medion Erazer X6811. I quote "The nVidia GeForce GTX 460M is a meaty graphics processor........it takes gaming at healthy resolutions in its stride."

I speak from no personal experience and the price tag, about £800, is at your top end price, but it is worth a look.

northumbria61 11:55 AM 02 Aug 11

A bit over your budget but worth looking at link text

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Jean Jullien, Supermundane and more design badges for Farmdrop's 'local food revolution'

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know