Want to burn Wav. files to disk as audio format

Simac 21:46 09 Apr 05

Can anyone help, I am trying to burn Wav. files onto disk in audio format using Nero software.

I assumed that I could just start Nero and go through the prompts on the wizard for intance I click next for cd, then next for Compile a new cd, then next when asked for audio format. Then I click finish I then drag my wav. files to the left hand side and then press Burn, but it then kicks in with a prompt asking where I want to save an image file. Is there a solution as what I should be doing.

Simac

mattyc_92 21:48 09 Apr 05

You got it... Just in the wrong order.... the Finish Button is for burning it, thus called finish.... lol

stalion 21:52 09 Apr 05

are you useing nero express?

Simac 09:47 10 Apr 05

I am using Nero 5, I just want to transfer Wav. files onto Audio using Nero I read somewhere that you can just creat a new CD compile it then select audio then click finish then once that is done I place them in the left and pane and then press burn it should just copy them to CD/R but it does not!! Instead it comes in with a prompt to save an image of it in a destination elsewhere. I did this then went to the destination of that file to burn to CD/R but no joy.
I have no problems on my Desktop doing the same procedure but because all wav. files are on a laptop I need to do it through this!!

pj123 11:33 10 Apr 05

Select Audio CD not data. Nero will automatically convert them to .cda files.

Simac 14:06 10 Apr 05

pj123
Thanks for your message but I am already selecting Audio Cd I get past that then I press finish it then give me the option to drag all the wav. files into the left hand pane which I do then I just it the burn button as suggested but he comes up with a window asking me where I want the image saved to when all I want is to have it burnt to Cd. On purpose I left the Cd out so hopefully it would recognise that I have no media in the cd-writer for it to write to. When I close the window which suggests saving the files as an image it assumes I have aborted the session. All I want is the files to burn directly to the Cd, nothing else!!

jack 14:12 10 Apr 05

Go with the Flow.
When prompted 'where do you want the images saved'
send to a previously created folder. Call it CD stuff or something.
Then Create a new CD. go the 'CD Stuff [or something] and drag or better yet -higlight/right click/copy - go to Burn window riht click paste. Then burn.

pj123 14:33 10 Apr 05

Sorry, Simac but I obviously don't understand. When I select Audio CD I get a window with "Audio 1" and a blank space on the left and "File Browser" on the right. I find the audio tracks I want in the File Browser and drag them on to the left space. (there is no Finish). At the bottom I get a blue line which tells me the duration (say 60 mins). I then click on the Icon "burns the current compilation" and off we go. The next window has ticks in Write and Finalize CD. I also have to select the Write Speed, Write Method and Number of Copies. Then click Burn (top right).

Nowhere do I get asked about an image file.

Just tried it as I respond to this thread and everything is running smoothly.

Select the CD Writer you have in options. Might be that it has defaulted to IMAGEWRITER.

Simac 17:24 10 Apr 05

Yes you are right tommo2000 it states at the bottom that I have it on image record but the other option is obviously my DVD but when I select this Nero prompts me to say sorry this Nero edition can only be used with the recorder it as been bundled with?? I can't have this so the only option is image record which I know I do not want!!
Frustating!!

Simac 17:26 10 Apr 05

Would Roxio Cd Creator be any use for transfering .wav files to audio, but then again it states I need the platinum version!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…