Wannabe Wireless Networker

paulli 22:48 27 Jan 04

I want to obtain a wireless network for home use using a wireless modem/router connecting 2 desktop PC's and a laptop. Cable networking not viable plus telephone socket downstairs and pc's upstairs. Can anyone suggest any good products.

Forum Editor 23:27 27 Jan 04

at the moment. I've tried several makes of wireless ADSL routers, and to be honest I haven't found much difference in any of them.

If looks are a factor then I tend to go for the Netgear DG834 router which oozes style and is an excellent performer.

As for network adapters, I use a Linksys PCMCIA card type wireless adapter on my laptop, and Belkin USB wireless adapters on my network PCs. There'as plenty of choice however, and it's worth checking out the neat little USB pen-type adapters - you'll be impressed by the small size of these devices, and they work very well.

byfordr 09:41 28 Jan 04

I had the Netgear 824m the previous incarnation of the Netgear DG834G (which my dad has now inherited) I took the opportunity to upgrade to wireless 'g' so I got the . Its available for £122 click here

Setting it up was a absolute breeze, I just hit the auto-configure tab and it fired into life. Added advantage of four ports should you want to wire in extra pcs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…