Wanna ditch Norton AV !

AngeTheHippy 15:32 28 Feb 06

Hi Chaps,
I want to get rid of NAV from my laptop, and install AVG in it's place. Been using AVG for sometime on the desktop, had **so far** no problems at all with it, unlike NAV.... so, which ORDER do I uninstall NAV? - there seems to be 4 components in Add or Remove - they are:

Live reg, Live Update, Norton Antivirus & Norton WMI Update.

I'm pretty sure there is an order which they should be uninstalled; please can someone help with this one?

Many thanks,

AngeTheHippy
xx

skidzy 15:48 28 Feb 06

What ever way you decide to uninstall Nav,it will leave behind redundant files.This caused me a headache a while ago.Since ive found using Ccleaner's uninstall better to cope with the rest of the files.
This is how i removed nav:

Add and Remove Programs:

Remove:
Liveupdate
Livereg
Wmi update
Av

Then run Ccleaner click here and use its uninstaller for clearance of the redundant files.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:50 28 Feb 06

Norton Antivirus first and live reg, wmi and live update. the order does not matter as you will be told if you cannot uninstall one part. I would run regscrubxp after to do a thorough clean.

G

J B 16:48 28 Feb 06

Can you use Ccleaner's uninstall tool or do you have to use the windows add and remove service first? I've been thinking about doing the same, so any suggestions would not go amiss. Also what about Nortons own removal tool, can it be used in place of the add and remove service or for that fact Ccleaners? J.B.

stylehurst 16:51 28 Feb 06

Have a look for SymNRT on the Symantec site, and download both the files and instructions in advance of your un-installation just in case of problems

Strawballs 22:12 28 Feb 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…