Wandering Mouse

gshep 10:57 29 Dec 06

I have a 3D Optical Mouse which works fine except that the pointer drifts across the monitor from right to left even while you are using it. It makes drag and drop difficult. What can I do about it?

LastChip 23:09 31 Dec 06

This has been an on-going bug for ages.

Strangely, it doesn't affect everyone's computers, so there must be a common denominator that triggers the problem. But I've yet to find it.

STREETWORK 09:42 01 Jan 07

Look under the mouse and clean off any deposits, if this does not sort it then it is down to the optic being misaligned usually due to dropping it...

trist 15:11 03 Jan 07

i have had that same problem with my other computer. it has a cheap optical (logitech). i came to the conclusion that it was wandering because it was cheap. incidentally, my other computer has a more expensive mx 500 logitech mouse, and has never done it...

PaulB2005 16:34 03 Jan 07

Just seen someone today with this problem.

Culprit was new mouse mat with shiney surface. Used old worn mouse mat and no problems.

Shiney mouse mats and any with big blocks of the same colour cause problems. Try a matt black or blue surface.

gshep 11:25 05 Jan 07

I have swapped the optical mouse with one with a ball from another machine and the problem has disappeared. Both computers are ok now so I shall stop messing about. If it ain't broke don't fix it, they say.
Thanks for your help and sympathy.

gshep 10:07 16 Jan 07

Thanks for help. I have a shiny desktop and putting a mat under the mouse has cured the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…