Wanadoo/Orange resolved at last!

Salut 10:13 14 Feb 07

Having spent a frantic few weeks trying to resolve disconnection problems I received the following advice from the Orange helpdesk click here.

I pass it on as it might stop others tearing their hair out!

Totally-braindead 10:19 14 Feb 07

You do realise what you have posted is not a link to trying to resolve disconnection problems but a link for how to cancel your broadband account?

Salut 17:46 14 Feb 07

Yes, thats the link that I received from Orange in response to my query relating to the following message:-

The host 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Server: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

-customer satisfaction goes out of the window, so too my direct debit!

The error codes are just two of the nine that I have been experienceing of late.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:58 14 Feb 07
  Fred05 18:00 14 Feb 07

We had unbelieveable problems with Orange before xmas, Connection kept disappearing for an hour or two and over one month we had a week with no connection.
Since the new year it has got better but we are very wary

Salut 18:14 14 Feb 07

Thanks Fruit Bat, 'bin there, done that too.

There are times when the email/internet works without fault. On a random basis it will drop connection/not send or receive emails/allow me to view web pages or even google! Then, for no apparent reason all problems cease and the system is fine. I have carefully followed various recommendations and still these random errors will pop up-hence seeking advise, again, from Orange.

Maybe it's the way I smile when the problems start coming through...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:36 14 Feb 07

Been with Freeserve and then Wannado without any problems but since Orange took over and especially in the last few weeks I keep losing my connection sometimes a router reset cures it.

Can't say I'm impressed with Orange, will be looking for a change of ISP when the 12 month contract for Wireless and Talk ends.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…