wanadoo and usenet

rosie 16:45 19 Mar 06

Having struggled for two days to put right my newsgroup software, I find that my ISP, Wanadoo, have pulled the plug on Usenet without prior warning. As I'm not only looking for a new and courteour provider, but also for a usenet provider, are there any special recommendations from this forum?

Graham ® 16:54 19 Mar 06

Google gives click here

Graham ® 16:55 19 Mar 06

I would recommend PlusNet.

grabster 18:11 19 Mar 06

Plusnet used to be ok but after changing their t&c constantly , lots of user's ( me included ) left to go elsewhere.
Check out their forums click here
Use guest/guest to log in.
Im with Tesco net now with no complaints at all.
Usenet is ok with maybe a smaller range of ng's but no probs with retention and connections, all for the sum of £19.99 pm unlimited uptp 2meg service.

Flak999 18:53 19 Mar 06

If you go to Newsparrot click here

You will find a list of free news servers that you can use without subscription.

rosie 20:29 19 Mar 06

Thank you. News Parrot looks a useful guide that I'll check out on Monday morning. Also, Agent have a newsreader service for $2.95 a month, first three months free, so I'm looking into this too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…