wanadoo upgrade 512kb to 1mg

Teaboy 17:20 21 Sep 04

I'm considering taking advantage of wanadoo's offer to upgrade my broadband connection from 512kb to 1mb.Keeping to the same price of 15.99p/m.Can anyone tell me will I have to upgrade my modem (speedtouch 330)and it's software,Or will my present modem be able to handle the doubling of speed?
Many thanks

herc182 17:35 21 Sep 04

your modem is fine. the only problem would be if your actual phone line can handle the speed.
click here to check what speed your line supports

Smegs 17:56 21 Sep 04

Like herc182 says, your modem will be fine. It takes about 10 working days for Wanadoo to sort out, and the modem will be switched off for about half an hout. Thats what Wanadoo support has told me today.

pj123 18:10 21 Sep 04

You don't need to do anything. All wanadoo BB connections are 1mbps, unless your phone line won't take it. You are then restricted to 512kpbs. You still have the capping though depending on your subscription, click here

Smegs 18:17 21 Sep 04

What do you mean by "All wanadoo BB connections are 1mbps"?

Yes, they are if you are just signing up to Wanadoo. But for people like me and Teaboy, we still get 512kbs. You need to check to see if your BT phone line will take 1mb. Luckly, our's was swithed on the 6 September.

happy dragon 18:21 21 Sep 04

wanadoo running behind at the moment with the 10day activation period due to recent demand

maz2 18:54 21 Sep 04

I'd love to upgrade to 1mb unfortunately I had my subscription reduced to £19.99 on freeserve and it's uncapped so if I go up to 1Mb then I'll have a capped service, I really don't know what to do

Smegs 19:09 21 Sep 04

Tech support told me up to 10 working days. Does this mean, I've got to wait longer???

Smegs 19:10 21 Sep 04

Sorry, also meant to say, I only spoke to them today aswell.

happy dragon 19:38 21 Sep 04

yeah freind of mine registered 10 days ago yesterday he phoned the helpline up to see why he was not activated they told them they are delays couldnt say when he would be activated we live in leeds other areas might be different who knows ? mine is supposed to be activated on friday fingers crossed

chugby 19:56 21 Sep 04

can check that Wanadoo have requested BT to order,
can take longer than 10 days.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…