wanadoo modem

chippy+ 10:03 29 Apr 05

hi
i am trying to install a wanaoo modem the first time i got a red light on the left side of the modem and intermitent green lights on r+l sides
i have now tried a second modem from wanadoo as they say if you get a red light the modem is faulty this also dose not work i have tried all
ways of fittig filters and also changing them with others the pc belongs to my daughter it is a amd 500-256 ram-20 hd-win xpsp2 2 usb 1 ports which have run various scanners printers ect
the main bt socket is downstairs with ex cable addaptor pluged into it the addaptor has a phone line conneced to this and the ex is upstairs
i have phoned wanadoo and asked to be connected back to dial up but they say as my daughter has signed a 12 month cotract it cannot be can celled the result they are sening out another modem i would like to resolve this i wanadoo but i cant thanks chippy ps my system is2 pc's networked withe ntl broadband and ihaven'thad any trouble fitting it

Indigo 1 12:02 29 Apr 05

It is most likeley the 'phone extension cable'.

These are usually OK for phones but often cause problems with BroadBand, look for a cable that is recommended for high speed BB or have an extension socket fitted in the room where the PC is. click here I could only find a 25 foot one here but if you tak to them they may be able to make up any length.

chippy+ 12:14 29 Apr 05

hi thanks for the quick response i will try a better cable the extension cable comes from downstairs to a socket upstairs but it is to far away from the pc and it is connected to another
extension maybe i should try and get the cable straight to the computer thanks again chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch