wanadoo modem

chippy+ 10:03 29 Apr 05

hi
i am trying to install a wanaoo modem the first time i got a red light on the left side of the modem and intermitent green lights on r+l sides
i have now tried a second modem from wanadoo as they say if you get a red light the modem is faulty this also dose not work i have tried all
ways of fittig filters and also changing them with others the pc belongs to my daughter it is a amd 500-256 ram-20 hd-win xpsp2 2 usb 1 ports which have run various scanners printers ect
the main bt socket is downstairs with ex cable addaptor pluged into it the addaptor has a phone line conneced to this and the ex is upstairs
i have phoned wanadoo and asked to be connected back to dial up but they say as my daughter has signed a 12 month cotract it cannot be can celled the result they are sening out another modem i would like to resolve this i wanadoo but i cant thanks chippy ps my system is2 pc's networked withe ntl broadband and ihaven'thad any trouble fitting it

Indigo 1 12:02 29 Apr 05

It is most likeley the 'phone extension cable'.

These are usually OK for phones but often cause problems with BroadBand, look for a cable that is recommended for high speed BB or have an extension socket fitted in the room where the PC is. click here I could only find a 25 foot one here but if you tak to them they may be able to make up any length.

chippy+ 12:14 29 Apr 05

hi thanks for the quick response i will try a better cable the extension cable comes from downstairs to a socket upstairs but it is to far away from the pc and it is connected to another
extension maybe i should try and get the cable straight to the computer thanks again chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…