Wanadoo-members mysite webspace

DWYRYD 21:25 07 Oct 06

I have a Wanadoo-members hosted website which is dedicated to a local choir but it has been down since yestaerday afternoon. Following a bit of on-line detective work it would seem that all such Wanadoo-members websites are down, but when I tried convincing Orange of this they suggested I tried clearing temp.files, history etc - they seemed to think that the fault lay in my PC. I have History Sweep which instantly removes history so that wasn't the cause of the problem. Have tried accessing my site from other computers with no success. Anyone else experiencing similar problems and if so have you tried notifying Orange?

Belatucadrus 22:19 07 Oct 06

Mine's gone too, only just noticed it and I've yet to contact them, will get on with it now.

DWYRYD 22:24 07 Oct 06
  Belatucadrus 22:38 07 Oct 06
  perks46 05:37 10 Oct 06

I have tried all the addresses and had no response but the server still seems to be down.

DWYRYD 08:05 10 Oct 06

If you go to the O-r-a-n-g-e website - Forums - Internet , you'll see how people across the country are trying really hard to get O-r-a-n-g-e to fix the problem. There's no doubt that they're aware of the problem - I've e-mailed, phoned and witten and just made a general nuisance of myself, as have many others, just to keep the pressure on them. Also, if you go to Google and search for a site called Orangeproblems you'll see what people think of O-r-a-n-g-e

ventanas 08:51 10 Oct 06

Orange problems click here

I think a lot of the times it depends on who you get at the other end of the phone. A lot of them don't really seem to know a great deal. I had a problem a while back accessing certain sites.Even mailed PCA helpdesk about it. After a number of hopeless calls to Orange I got someone who hit on it straight away, and it was fixed in seconds.

As for the host of problems on this (unofficial) Orange site, I dare say other providers will have just as many.

Belatucadrus 15:40 10 Oct 06

Should be back up now, I think the problem is that a lot of staff just check the status indicator on the VDU, if it shows green then it's your problem not theirs, which is hugely unhelpful when the little green indicator is wrong and somebody more au fait with the technicalities is needed to investigate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…