Wanadoo Live Box

wrg 13:01 12 Dec 05

Hi

I was on Wanadoo broadband and have recently changed to Bulldog. I have the Wanadoo wireless livebox (ethernet connection). Can anyone advise on how I can configure the livebox so that I access the Bulldog broadband & therefore keep my wireless connections on my other computers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

WRG

mgmcc 13:46 12 Dec 05

As far as I'm aware, Wanadoo "crippled" the Livebox so that it cannot be used with any other ADSL provider. I believe it checks for a valid Wanadoo login.

wrg 13:50 12 Dec 05

Hi

Thanks for your reply.
Can they do that bearing in mind that I paid £80.00 to purchase the box in the first place ?

Sparrowhawk 14:32 12 Dec 05

WRG wrote:

Can they do that bearing in mind that I paid £80.00 to purchase the box in the first place ?

Sure they can. They are a big TELCO after all.
Now don't ask me if it's wrong or not...

I also have a Wanadoo wireless connection, which works fine. But I think the hardware (router and USB adapter) will only work with Wanadoo broadband.

wrg 15:53 12 Dec 05

Hi Sparrowhawk.

The router does have a MAC printed on it. Can that not be used to allow me to access Bulldog. Dont you normally use a MAC when chaning providers ?.

mgmcc 21:06 12 Dec 05

<<< The router does have a MAC printed on it. Can that not be used to allow me to access Bulldog. Dont you normally use a MAC when chaning providers >>>

Don't confuse a network adapter's or router's "MAC address" (Media Access Control address) with an ISP's MAC Key (Migration Authorisation Code).

It is unfortunate that they both use the "MAC" acronym.

mgmcc 21:10 12 Dec 05

<<< Can they do that bearing in mind that I paid £80.00 to purchase the box in the first place? >>>

When offering advice to potential buyers of networking hardware, I always suggest they stick to mainstream products, such as Belkin, Netgear, Linksys, D-Link etc, and avoid purchasing proprietary kit from ISPs - for the very reason that you have found to your cost.

wrg 13:18 13 Dec 05

Hi mgmcc

Thanks for the advice, albeit to late for me. Have bitten the bullet and bought some new kit.
Thanks for your responses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…