Wanadoo e-mail and BT Midband

Strangely Brown 22:17 01 Aug 04

Hello all,

Wonder if anyone can tell me what the problem is here when attempting to send e-mails from my wanadoo account via OE since we switched to BT Midband.

The error message we get is as follows (e-mail addresses changed!!):-

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.wanadoo.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.wanadoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Administrative prohibition', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I assume that thi is something to do with one of these settings on Outlook Express but I haven't a clue where to start. We can receive mail perfectly well. It is only when we try to end a mail that we get this issue.

Hope someone can help. Will check back tomorrow.

Thanks

Smegs 22:52 01 Aug 04

Open OE, goto Tools-Accounts, then highlight your email provider. Click on Properties. Another window pops up, click on Servers Tab, in there, it will tell you what your in-coming and out-going mail servers are.

If it's "SMTP.WANADOO.COM", it's wrong. It should be your ISP provider. Like SMTP.BT.COM, something like that.

At a guess, you are still trying to send on the Wanadoo account. Wanadoo wont let you as you have cancled your account with them.

Smegs 22:58 01 Aug 04

I have just done a search for BT Midland, to find out what your in-coming/out-going mails should be set too. Couldn't find anything.

Can you tell us a bit more about them please, so we can have a look on their web site.

Smegs 23:19 01 Aug 04

click here goto, " Now I have BT Midband, do I need an ISP?". It looks like you do not get email. You will need to set one up on line.

Strangely Brown 20:21 02 Aug 04

Yep. Thanks for your feedback smegs. Looks like Hotmail here I come!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…