Wanadoo Connection

B Brush 22:18 19 Jan 05

I ordered BB from Wanadoo on Sunday, the modem came yesterday.

I have been reading another thread on which some people have said it can take less than the 10 days quoted for it to become live.

I am tempted to connect the modem & filters and install the software to give it a try, however I am concerned that it will mess up my current connection and I will not beable to connect as now if it has not been activated.

I am currently using an external modem on dial up.

Should I try? Could I lose the ability to connect for another week?

Please provide advice / help

PA28 22:20 19 Jan 05

You can try - the instructions will say that you need a steady green light on the modem. If you haven't got it then it won't go. Then you use your dial up modem as usual until the thing finally lights up. Mine took precisely 10 days but that was a year or so ago.

B Brush 22:36 19 Jan 05

Cheers PA

So the new software and everything, won't stop me using Tiscali dial up then?

Pidder 23:04 19 Jan 05

Mine took two days with Wanadoo, it seems to depend on how soon your local exchange upgrades the line. I had a couple tings on my phone when the BB connection came live.

Daxsimus 23:17 19 Jan 05

Im on wanadoo, recieved the modem pack 2 days after ringing and signing up. It worked fine so i'd give it a go as it wont stop you accessing your dial up connection anyway.

B Brush 19:14 20 Jan 05

Thanks for the responses.

I've done the setup and got the flashing green light.

Oh well I'll have to wait. Worth a try though. At least I can still connect the old fahioned way, for now.

Cheers

BB

PA28 20:38 21 Jan 05

That's it. Just switch your phone connection each day until you get the steady green - then enjoy liberation such as you've never known before!!!!

polo 20:03 04 Feb 05

I'm having terrible trouble with my wireless connection. After hours on their helpline I've got it set up (no thanks to the helpline though)but I can only get on line occasionally and then it disconnects after a while. A complete dead loss. I've now tried an ordinary modem and that's the same I wonder if it's trouble at Wanadoos end as my laptop and PC both indicate that I'm all connected and that the signal is excellent. It's driving me bats and I'm wishing I stayed with dial up. Polo

Jackcoms 21:08 04 Feb 05

You'll get a better response to your problem if you start a new thread.

Your problem is completely unrelated to B Brush's post.

PA28 12:48 05 Feb 05

Your problem is at your end with the wireless connection bit. Try connecting your modem direct - either by USB or ethernet cable. Then get your network up and running. As Jackcoms advises, a new thread is appropriate here rather than hijacking Basil's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…