Wanadoo changing to Searchportal 2

ulrich 21:21 02 Nov 04

I am not very bright but after 3 days I feel that I would rather uninstal Win XP and start again. I don'T have win xp cd only recovery, there is nothing so important that I need to save. I was advised to get adaware but I keep getting cut off by this other programme. What is the best way to uninstal?

Taw® 21:51 02 Nov 04

Try doing a system restore to when you know the computer was ok.Start>programmes>accessories>system tools and system restore

Jackcoms 22:05 02 Nov 04

What's your problem exactly?

You haven't told us.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:16 02 Nov 04

previous thread click here

ulrich 17:16 03 Nov 04

When I get onto wanadoo it changes to click here. I have spybot and now adaware(I found on a disc)but I cannot uninstal it. I am using my sons pc at the moment because I can't get to pca on mine.
I really am lost on this. That's why I now wonder at a fresh reinstall.

Jackcoms 20:19 03 Nov 04
  ulrich 22:05 03 Nov 04

I've d/loaded on this computer in the hope of copying but don't seem able to, on my pc I can't get on the website. I really need to get my pc running, the only option I see is to reformat and start again, it's driving me nuts. I will have another look in the morning. Thank you all for your help.

VoG II 22:12 03 Nov 04

Download Hijackthis click here and run it.

Post a log - here's how click here

On this forum because of the 800 word limit you will need to do this in "chunks". Also, please double space it by adding a blank line after each line of data.

Jackcoms 07:37 04 Nov 04

ulrich

CWShredder is only 320kb. Download load it onto a floppy on your 'good' PC for use on your infected PC.

ulrich 18:52 04 Nov 04

I did end up reinstalling. As I cpould not uninstal this programme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…