wanadoo? broadband supplier any problems

logrin 16:42 03 Dec 04

has anyone got any views on the Wanadoo broadband service. They do a cheap 1MB service for under £20. Is it worth swapping from Pipex when my years contract runs out.

andrew-196854 16:45 03 Dec 04

depends on what you want to do on the net i think if you look there will be a limit on what you can do eg say only download 2 gb a month or something thats why its so cheap

pj123 17:07 03 Dec 04

We have just had a very similar thread to this posted within the last 3 or 4 hours. I responded to it but now I can't find it.

Basically it said something like "What are you paying Pipex" and to have a look here click here to see if there is anything that could be better than you have already. Or click here

to see if Wanadoo can offer you a better deal. All wanadoo services are 1Mbps but are capped depending on how much you use them.

pj123 17:12 03 Dec 04

Just found it. It seems to be this one.

click here

happy dragon 17:35 03 Dec 04

been with wanadoo for last 3 months no probs waited longer then 10 days to be activated due to the demand .had trouble connecting so i bought a rj11 lead even though it states online and in brouchers sent that you can contect using 100m telephone extension cable.and have had problems since i opted for this conection method .you can also register fo mcaffee anti virus protection for £1.99 a month.so all in all not too bad although it is capped at 2gig d/l which will be monitored from next year.

D G 17:45 03 Dec 04

I've been using the service for about 3 months,no problems, as happy dragon says they're going to start monitoring it next year.depends what you want to use it for.I find 2gb a month is enough.

Zak 19:04 03 Dec 04

Just to add that I have been with Freeserve now Wanadoo for the past 5.5 years initially with the various dial up packages, then 512Kbps, Nov 02 and now 1Mbps - 2GB @ £17.99 pm since September 04.

So far I have been very pleased with the service. I get very good ADSL speeds downloading at around 120kbps. Also since on BB I have only had no service on a couple of occasions and this was restored within the day.

The only gripe is with the admin. side of things since Wanadoo took over billing in June 04. My recent dealings have shown that this is now improving.

As far as technical support is concerned from the few times I needed to call it depended on who dealt with the problem.

I am more than happy to recommend Wanadoo providing you are happy with the capping limits.

csqwared 20:55 03 Dec 04

Just to add that I've been using them for the last five or six months. During that time my modem went poorly, rang Wanadoo who set up a conference call with Thomson and between them had me sorted straight away. New modem arrived 5 days later which I didn't think was bad service on both sides.

Cheers Carl

bretsky 23:44 03 Dec 04

Same as Zak, 1Mbs-2GB @ £17.99 since Oct.

Had to ring up W/doo accounts dept today, I had been overcharged this month by just over £10 {£20 upgrade charge to 1Mbs + £17.99 came to £48.83!!!??????}

All sorted, they said they would credit my bank account, otherwise no problems.
Was Freeserve dial up for a couple of years.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…