Wanadoo broadband speeds

Rhuddlan 15:23 29 Jun 04

I have had the Wandoo broadband £17.99 a month package for a few weeks now and have been pleased with it and the speeds it produces, but as of late, the connection speed reminds me of dial up, it dials out in seconds, but verify's the user name and password for up to 10 seconds on some occasions. And I also find myself clicking on links twice, especially on this website to load another page and then it takes as long as my old dial up connection did, so much for 576kbps, more like 56k sometimes. Anyone else got Wandadoo broadband and if so, are you experiencing similar problems, regards, Rhuddlan.

fsbb 15:35 29 Jun 04

Have had Wanadoo BB since it became available. Recently downgraded to the £17.99 package and have never had any problems. Great service at a great price.

Rhuddlan 16:03 29 Jun 04

Like I said, I do like the service and price, but these occassional problems are sometimes annyoning, I am paying for fast speeds more than anything else, so that's what I expect, but don't always get it, thanks for the info, regards, Rhuddlan.

Steve Le 18:35 29 Jun 04

I've got the £17.99 Wanadoo package as well.

I tried the site you posted and found the links came up almost instantaneously.

Sorry it doesn't help much!

chugby 19:34 01 Jul 04

have same package, notice some reduction in speed/service at "peak periods" but nothing major. Had problems with the modem/customer service but that's another story.

You could try ADSL Guide website and their forum
click here which found helpful
in the past, can also check your connection speed there.

Drpeter 15:12 13 Oct 04

I've got the £17.99 Wanadoo package as well.
I have found it to work well, but the speed test shows 940Kbps download and only 242Kbps upload. The upload speed was exactly the same before I switched to the 1 Mb option! I wonder if that is the speed I should expect?

Giggle n' Bits 15:16 13 Oct 04

I have the same problem and Wanadoo support are unable to come up with a sensible soloution apart from if you have a old Dial up modem with the dial up connection still hanging around they say this can cause it.

Do you have Blue Screens when diconecting ?
I think Windows XP would sort it out, and would be suprised if you already have XP ?

Jackcoms 15:22 13 Oct 04

Upload speeds of circa 256 kbps are as good as you are going to get, whatever 'package' you have.

See click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…