Wanadoo Broadband Query

heavymetalkid 22:53 30 Oct 05

Can anyone on Wanadoo help me? I've just changed my dial-up to Wanadoo 2mg Broadband. Seems to be working ok,however when I turn the computer off the broadband also goes off. When I turn it back on there is a Wanadoo icon on my desktop, which I click and the Broadband comes back on. Is this right? Everything I've read about Broadband has been that it remains permanently on, even when the computer is turned off.

Splork 23:05 30 Oct 05

It depends if you have an ADSL or cable connection - if you have ADSL BB (phoneline into ADSL modem) then what you describe is exactly how it should work, if you have a cable modem, then the cable modem activity lights will still flash even when your PC is off.

Skills 23:07 30 Oct 05

Thats correct, the broadband connection itself is always there but you have to connect your pc to it as I guess your using a USB modem of some sorts, you dial a connection in a similar way as dial up.

Whereas if you used cable or a LAN connection this wouldnt be the case.

heavymetalkid 20:04 31 Oct 05

Thanks Splork and Skills, got the picture now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…