Wanadoo Broadband hangs

Dollybird 21:05 07 May 05

My wanadoo broadband hangs (1mg capped)
I can load 3-4 pages ok then hangs with no activity, then spings back into life. It's not my PC as I can open other programs or documents. My connection is via an extension cable from the main socket about 30ft in length. I'm running windows 98se on a new build PC.

Dollybird

bretsky 23:37 07 May 05

I assume you are connecting from your supplied usb speedtouch modem into an an extension lead then into the wall socket?

I would get rid of the extension cable and get a proper shielded modem cable, also make sure you have the microfilters fitted to each phone in your premises which you should of got with your modem.

Look for "Can I use a phone extension cable with the filters?" at

click here

bretsky ;0)

Dollybird 21:31 08 May 05

Bretsky

Yes I am connection through usb speedtouch moden, and have all my filters fitted. I shall try a
shielded moden cable. Are these readily available?

Thanks for your help.

Dollybird.

bretsky 11:08 09 May 05

Yes, got mine from pc world, but you should be able to get one from any good pc accessory shop.

When I said shielded, it looks like a transparent cable with braided twisting wires showing.

bretsky ;0)

Dollybird 16:23 09 May 05

bretsky

Thanks - I'll try PC World for cable.

Dollybird

bretsky 17:13 09 May 05

RJ-11 modem cord....sorry should have mentioned this before.

bretsky ;0)

VCR97 19:30 09 May 05

It might not be transparent. Mine isn't. In such a case look for "High Speed Modem Cable" on the pack.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…