wanadoo broadband

midgebay 22:42 16 Apr 05

Hi please can anyone help or advise ?
A friend of mine has recently installed the broadband cd from wanadoo and when he clicks on the speedtouch icon nothing happens. He has windows 98 installed ,myself and another friend run windows 98 with wanadoo broadband and have no problems.Wanadoo have recommended he upgrades to windows xp ,surely there is a cheaper option ?
Any help will be most appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

vitrocmax 22:56 16 Apr 05

Do you mean the icon in the system tray, 4 squares that change with the connection status?

If I click on mine, nothing happens. A double click opens the Diagnostics, but I only use the icon as a check that I'm online.

If you mean the desktop icon, a double click opens the connection dialogue on mine.

I usuall connect by clicking either the IE or Firefox icons on the taskbar, which opens the connection dialogue.

Does that help?

midgebay 23:01 16 Apr 05

I think he is clicking on the desktop icon ,I will ring him in the morning to check (surely he wouldn't be that stupid) to click on the diagnostic icon in the system tray.
Wouldn't bet against it though ,thanx for your reply vitrocmax.

woodchip 23:03 16 Apr 05

It takes a double click on the ICON or put it on the quick start bar by draging it there

woodchip 23:06 16 Apr 05

I have removed the Speed Touch software from System Tray as you do not need it running. You can do this by typing MSCONFIG in run box go to startup tab and remove ticks

woodchip 23:08 16 Apr 05

If He is having probs tell him to load Dr Speed Touch from CD and run and follow the troubleshooting directions

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:10 16 Apr 05

Don't forget the @fs added to the user name for BB conection. without it the speedtouch icon on the desktop does not seem to respond.

midgebay 16:32 17 Apr 05

Hi and a big thank you to all who have advised.
I have passed on your information and will let you all know if my friend has got himself connected following your advice.

midgebay 10:11 19 Apr 05

Thanks for all your postings and assistance.
My friend was running windows 98 -1st edition which did not support broadband another friend of his has installed windows xp for him(free of charge) and it is now working perfect.
Thanks again
Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…