wanadoo broadband

john1000 19:57 02 Nov 04

hi i have had a fall out with wanadoo and would like some advice from yourselves to see if i am in the right or not i have a 512 connection which i have had for 2 years i took this out when they were freeserve anyway the prob is i phoned them up to upgrade to 1mb which they clearly state on their website i almost went through with it until i was then informed i had to sign a new 12 month contract which as far as i am concerned why if i am upgrading i was told because i was taking out a new package i had to sign a new contract as far as i see it i have been with this isp for just over 2 years it quite clearly says upgrade from 512 to 1mb it does not say i have to cancel 512 contract and start all over again which i dont intend to do my 512 connection is not capped i relised 1mb was but that did not bother me just really want to keep up with technology what do you think thanks

JACC 21:52 02 Nov 04

I've upgraded to the 1mb service and asked then would i have to start a new contract and was told "no" my excisting contract will carry on . Hope you get it sorted out .

Daxsimus 22:54 02 Nov 04

I'm with wanadoo aswell and have been like you since they were freeserve. I wanted to upgrade to the 1MB and was told I had to pay extra for the initial upgrade and that I would be capped and also have to start a new contract with them. I decided not to bother and stay as I am. Am now thinking of moving isp as there seem to be offers of 1MB non capped cheaper than wanadoo.

bolmgsr 17:01 05 Nov 04

Been with wanadoo for 1 month paying £17.99 for 512kbps service then they change it to 1mbps for same money but want to charge me another £20.00 to switch over what a rip off.

john1000 19:14 05 Nov 04

i have just thought if you have been with this isp for a few rear ie when they were freeserve if i upgrade from 512 to 1mb and sign no contract how can they cap it i am not taking out another package just connection upgrade?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5