Wanadoo ADSL Line

maz2 13:48 22 Oct 05

Hi just wondering what the current conversion times are for the ADSL line, I've not been with them for a while so I've lost track. A friend has recently signed up, received her modem this morning, only ordered on Thursday night. I know at one time that they didn't send the modem until line was converted, they also say that they send an e-mail when conversion has taken place although I've yet to see one, also 7-10 days, just wondered if anyone had ordered this recently and what their experience was
Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:33 22 Oct 05

Load the drivers and software FIRST

then plug in the modem.

Watch the two LEDs, USB will be lit and steady

ADSL will be flashing

when ADSL led is lit steady then you can go online

upto 10 days is common the wait is usually down to BT rather than wanadoo

Watch the ADSL led don't bother waiting for an email to tell you its ready (I never got one).

Wuggy 20:15 22 Oct 05

Signed up with Wanadoo in August on a Thursday morning. Modem and filters arived in mail on the Friday. Loaded drivers etc and installed modem. Before going to work on Tuesday checked modem and both LED's were steady. Connected there and then at 2 Mbps. Received email from Wanadoo on Thursday that I was now connected. Can't say fairer than that. Have had absolutely no down time whatsoever since installation.

maz2 00:35 23 Oct 05

Thanks for that I was with them for years (freeserve) but changed to F2s a while ago because I didn't want to pay the upgrade charge, this is for a friend, so I wondered what the state of play was with them now re converting line, I never had any problem with them at any time, so I thought they would be ideal for someone just starting out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…