Walt Disney

redshift300 19:50 09 Feb 03

After installing Walt Disney Treasure Planet from The Mail on Sunday disk to-day my computer went crazy, large vertical bars and the mouse pointer went square, cannot view anything except in safe mode.
Reloading monitor and display drivers will not fix the problem. Has anyone heard of a virus on this disk.
Thanks in advance.

MAJ 20:22 09 Feb 03

I haven't heard of a virus on the disk, then again, I've never heard of the disk. But to solve the problem, have you tried a System Restore if you're using XP or ME. Or a registry restore if you're using Win 98.

€dstow 06:56 10 Feb 03

Tell the newspaper what's happened.

I have rules that:

1. I never install anything I don't actually want or need on my machines.

2. I never install anything that comes free on a magazine however tempting it may be and however respectable the magazine.

3. I never install anything that is dropped through the letterbox unless ordered by me and is wanted.

€d

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 08:52 10 Feb 03

My youngest was badgering me to install this disc yesterday as well, but I remembered what happened with the james Bond disc a couple of months ago I ended up having to re-install windows!! explianed to youngest (in nicest possible way0 that when she gets her own comp then she can load stuff like this, of course this then led to the "when can i have my own" argument!!!!

Can only suggest what has already been said, try restore or re-load

artist 10:04 10 Feb 03

I installed it - all OK. Maybe you got a dodgy disc.

Stuartli 12:38 10 Feb 03

I've warned before in these forums about the mess the Mail On Sunday CD-ROMs make of a system and the time and trouble needed to put things right again.

That's why I didn't touch yesterday's offering and won't do so with any in the future...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…