Wallpaper will not set on desktop

meldme 08:42 10 Feb 05

Hi, I have recently noticed that I cannot set any wallpaper from My Pictures. Usually, I just right-click on the image and then click "Set as Background", and it works fine. But now when I try it, nothing happens. I can, however, set the wallpaper if I use ACDsee, or similar. I just can't figure out why it won't let me set my wallpaper using my normal method. Can anyone help?

Sethhaniel 09:46 10 Feb 05

'Active Desktop' enabled ???

right click on desktop to see ;)

meldme 10:40 10 Feb 05

Hi, When I right click on my desktop, I can't see anything that says Active Desktop, enabled or otherwise.

Sethhaniel 10:48 10 Feb 05

Active Desktop
In Windows 2000, Active Desktop is part of Folder Options, which is located in Control Panel. Folder Options enable you to change the appearance of your desktop and folder content, and specify how folders open. For example, you can select whether you want a single window to open (instead of cascading windows) when you open folders that are within a folder. Additionally, you can designate whether folders open with a single-click or double-click. For information about Folder Options, see Related Topics.

Open Folder Options in Control Panel.

To open a Control Panel item, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click the appropriate icon.
Changes you make in Folder Options apply to Windows Explorer windows (including My Computer, My Network Places, My Documents, and Control Panel). However, Folder Options settings do not apply to the folder toolbars. You can configure desktop items such as color, wallpaper, and screen savers by using Display in Control Panel.
You can configure additional folder views by clicking the View menu in Windows Explorer.

meldme 11:11 10 Feb 05

I have xp. I can't find anything in folder options relating to Active Desktop either. I have no problem opening folders or anything like that. I can do everything as normal except for setting any of My Pictures as wallpaper, via right-clicking on the image. I can do it through Display Properties etc.., I don't remember altering anything myself, can't seem to find anything similar on the net, either.

Sethhaniel 11:32 10 Feb 05

'Digit Online' in the middle column are you given the option to set as wallpaper -which is what you can do with most internet images
or if you have IrfranView - in Options there is save as wallpaper ;)

meldme 11:39 10 Feb 05

I can set images online fine, its only the images offline in My Pictures I can't set as wallpaper.

Sethhaniel 11:53 10 Feb 05

but that feature is not available in the My Picture on Win2000
- may have been third part software ??

meldme 12:13 10 Feb 05

I will probably have to e-mail Microsoft about it. Its probably something stupid. Thanks for your help, anyway, mate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…