Wallpaper 'Option' disappeared

jconline 11:18 07 Jun 05

I have just received a new pc with Winxp installed. The option to change the wallpaper is not available when I go to properties on the desktop. Any ideas on how to get this option back as the present wallpaper is hideous.
Thanx in advance

chaztait 11:46 07 Jun 05

Click Control Panel, Appearance and Themes(catergory View), Display and then the desktop tab

jconline 13:01 07 Jun 05

Chaztait... Already tried that. The desktop option is not displayed

Curio 14:27 07 Jun 05

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programmes. Click on Add remove Windows Components. Click accessories and utilities. Click details, Click Accessories, Tick Desktop Wallpaper. OK your way out

jconline 14:35 07 Jun 05

Curio... The option is already ticked. Looks like some 'Boffin' has gone into the Profile or security set up and disabled the option for changing the wallpaper optio (for some reason)..

jconline 14:36 07 Jun 05

Curio... The option is already ticked. Looks like some 'Boffin' has gone into the Profile or security set up (or similar. beyond my knowledge of WinXP)and disabled the option for changing the wallpaper option (for some reason)..

jconline 15:14 07 Jun 05

Thanx crx1600... not the ideal solution but it worked.

jconline 15:25 07 Jun 05

Ok now.
Ran:- gpedit.msc... User Config.. Administrator templates... Control Panel..Display and then disabled the 'Hide Desktop tab'

Thanks for the replies. it was the thread on crx1600 that lead me ther

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…