Wallpaper

maz2 17:22 10 May 04

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Windows 98 PC starts up with logo, installed my own picture to use for wallpaper but between the start up and the picture appearing and while the icons are loading I have a plain screen, I don't remember it every happening before with previous pictures, I'm sure it went straight from start up to photo any ideas should I have something installed, I have unistalled a lot pf programmes as it is the 2nd PC so doesn;t need so many programmes

Pesala 17:26 10 May 04

Disable active desktop. You should then have the blank screen. Now go to desktop properties settings, and choose the Windows 98 Logo screen. Now re-enable active desktop, and you will get the Logo on startup.

Windows loads the wallpaper for use with Active Desktop first, then the one for Active Desktop, if it is enabled.

maz2 17:28 10 May 04

Right thanks, I'll give it a go later on tonight

Totally-braindead 17:28 10 May 04

I wouldn't worry about it my old computer did this too, also not all the time, I was on Win98 as well at the time. The first time I changed the background everything was ok, as soon as it booted the pic would appear, but after I changed it to another picture and then subsequently it always went to a blank screen and then loaded the picture. I think its probably just a glitch of windows as it never affected anything else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…