Wall paper photos

jonpep 18:39 30 Jan 09

Running vista premium, went to use one of my photos as the wallpaper, and the screen was filled with loads of little photos.
This will because of some setting I have done I would expect, can anyone help with this???

Technotiger 18:43 30 Jan 09

In XP one has the option when choosing a background picture, to Stretch, Centre or Tile the pic - probably similar in Vista - if so, choose Stretch.

MAT ALAN 18:44 30 Jan 09

You have "tile" selected...

Right click on the blank area of Windows Vista desktop. Go to 'Personalize'.
Step2
Click on 'Desktop Backgrounds'. Click the picture you want for your desktop background. If the picture you want to use is not in the list of desktop background pictures, click the Picture location down arrow to view other categories. You can also select Solid colors from Picture location list.
Step3
If you want to use your own digital picture, click 'Browse' to search for the picture on your computer. When you find the picture you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background and appear in the list of desktop backgrounds.
Step4
You can also select "How should the picture be positioned?" - 'Fit to screen', 'Tile' or 'Center'.

Technotiger 18:55 30 Jan 09

Hi MAT ALAN - trust Vista to change the name of something simple again!!

Stretch - Fit to screen!

MAT ALAN 19:00 30 Jan 09

I know bit dull really I suppose the PC won't be PC unless its called something different..

Technotiger 19:00 30 Jan 09

It would be interesting to know, just how many Familiar XP and earlier names, have been changed in Vista - to my mind just to make it look/feel different!

I don't use Vista, but in addition to the above, I do know of 'Add and Remove Programs' and 'Programs and Features' .... exactly the same thing, but forcing new Vista users to search for a Familiar item - usually coming to this,and other Forums to ask "Where is ...in Vista?

audeal 19:05 30 Jan 09

I think one of the first changes was "Longhorn" to "Vista". Bad Omen, Perhaps

hssutton 19:26 30 Jan 09

Vista setting are "fit to Screen" "Tile" and "Center". So you'need to select "Fit to Screen"

A slight change for Windows 7 with 5 settings, Fill,Fit,Stretch, Tile and Center

gazzaho 19:27 30 Jan 09

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or smart here but I'm trying to figure out what has changed. In Xp under Display Properties on the desktop tab there is a drop down list under the Position heading with Stretch, Center and Tile on it for setting the desktop background, so what has changed in Vista? The exact same items are on Vista, in fact I think vista is easier to read than XP, it even gives you a thumbnail showing the layout beside the radio button. Vista even allows you to set up different folders to access your pictures in the location drop down list and also gives you preview thumbnails of the pictures in the selected folder rather than requiring you to click on the name in order to see a thumbnail, IMHO Vista is far more user friendly than XP's untidy one pane background list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…