Off the wall freezes

Ms_Dial 16:31 01 Jun 04

Specs:433i Emachines, 256 MB, 4.0GB HD --

I am baffled by my PC's erratic behavior! It used to only freeze when online and it was clearly a case of too many programs running, but now I'll be offline and it'll freeze up totally requiring a manual reboot. For instance, yesterday I wanted to clear out my auto-complete cache by clicking IE's Tools - Internet Options - Content - Auto Complete - Clear Forms. Four times I clicked Clear Forms and four times it stopped functioning. I went through and performed other tasks under Internet Options such as Clear Passwords all with no problems. I ran a system check it came back negative for problems. My comp is 4 yrs old and I recently upgraded through a computer repair shop from Win98 to Windows ME and I wonder if this is causing all these issues?

I also wonder is there a way to test drivers I see many mentions of "download new drivers" in other posts and am curious if my graphic? video? or any other drivers are obsolete?

zackeriney 16:35 01 Jun 04

try more memery if u arnt using enough it will crash espesilly windows ME

Ms_Dial 18:42 01 Jun 04

My computer can only hold 256MB upgraded from 32MB.

zackeriney 11:13 03 Jun 04

how much free space have you got on your hard drive windows needs 200-300mb free to run efficiently

Ms_Dial 18:25 03 Jun 04

Got 1.58 GB left free out of a 4.0 GB hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…