Waking up from sleep mode

anniesboy68 14:55 16 Feb 11

Win 7 64 bit. Something keeps waking my computer up from sleep mode. Has anyone any idea what could be causing this, please?

GaT7 15:07 16 Feb 11

A few pointers at click here, click here & click here that may help.

Some others have the just the opposite happening of course! If this happens any time in the future, then click here. G

anniesboy68 17:53 16 Feb 11

Thanks for the info. It's probably my wireless mouse and/or keyboard. I have gone into power options as you suggest and have ammended the power settings. Will test and report back in a day or so. Ta again.

anniesboy68 16:30 19 Feb 11

Still not sorted, however, have got hibernation on the srtart menu now, so trying that. AB68

I am Spartacus 16:45 19 Feb 11

Go into Control Panel, System, Device Manager. Double click on your Mouse and select the Power Management tab, remove the tick from 'Allow this device to wake the computer. Work your way through all your other USB devices and do the same although if you leave it for the keyboard it will allow that to wake from sleep. On my system it's the mouse that stops it staying in sleep mode.

I am Spartacus 16:49 19 Feb 11

Just remembered. If you have an external USB hard drive plugged in it may not stay in sleep mode. I haven't been able to figure that one out yet.

anniesboy68 16:58 19 Feb 11

Ok, thanks, am working on it slowly. AB68

anniesboy68 14:00 04 Mar 11

I think I have half sorted this out. Seems to work on Hibernation, although I'm not continuously in the room with the cptr. Sleep mode still keeps waking up, the going back to sleep. I will tic this as sorted.

anniesboy68 14:02 04 Mar 11

Two accidental spelling mistakes. "then going back to sleep...and....tick this etc etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017