Wake on Lan expert?

Cwnrhondda 13:51 16 Feb 09

In order to keep our spare PC's on the network we are looking to set up a Wake on LAN to boot the PC's up for 3 houres a day, so that they can stay on the network and get their AV updates.

What I would like to know is how to set up a user friendly method of booting these up remotely, perhaps using an Excel spreadsheet with scheduled tasks to boot up and shut down all PC's once a day.

If anyone has any tips, or, better still, if anyone has ever done this I would love to hear about it.

Thanks

recap 14:09 16 Feb 09

The sytems would need to be turned on in any case. You could try Remote Desktop click here for further information.

T0SH 18:43 16 Feb 09

Googling for Magic Packet how to, should get you the info on how wake on lan works

Cheers HC

Bazz2000 01:07 18 Feb 09

check the motherboard settings for an alarm, its worth a look, mine has a wake alarm that i set it to start up whenever i set it. completely powered off, not in standby or hibernate,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…