Wake Up button takes computer to Start up.

timothywilliam 17:16 14 Aug 08

I have been into the Search section of this Forum and there have been lots of questions on the issue I have but none are quite what is happening to me. Firstly, I have three buttons on my keyboard, Sleep,Wake Up and Power. I have used Sleep and Wake Up for several years but never touched the Power- always assumed it was duplicated on the computer tower.

I have just had a new hard drive installed. Everything works fine except the Wake Up instruction. The computer will 'Sleep' using my keyboard sleep button, but if I press Wake Up on the keyboard it goes back to the base Start Up procedures. Whilst loading these I get a Dialogue box "Computer has recovered from a serious error" and info is 308.01. dmp and di00\systdata.xml files were the ones involved. Experimenting after computer is on Sleep I have tried clicking Enter or Space Bar both of which activate the computer but it still returns to Base Start Up and as above. Keyboard in Control Panel has Options on Hibernation but nothing on Wake Up. Clicking on the three buttons on Close Down Stand By or Hibernation produces the same results. Anyone any suggestions please ? Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:21 14 Aug 08

Sounds like file corruption as you "wake" from Hibernation.

Maybe a repair is required
Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

Graham. 17:33 14 Aug 08

Sounds like a Vista Sleep problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos