Waiting for Google.co.uk

Rhuddlan 13:36 07 Jun 14

New pc last Saturday, everything working fine no problems. Yesterday I installed a new version of zone alarm and my internet connection decides to play up saying there is a problem between the modem and the internet, after a re-boot of the modem and taking out and plugging back in of the Ethernet cable all is fine again. After a re-start when opening internet explorer or google chrome no pages load, the connection is fine and active and I am getting wireless on my iPad and iPhone, but the web page on my pc just says waiting for Google.co,uk as this is my home page and says it on all other sites I am trying to access, could this be down to the new zone alarm installation?

rdave13 13:43 07 Jun 14

Could be. Check the firewall settings.

Rhuddlan 16:52 07 Jun 14

Thanks guys I uninstalled za and it worked. Now however I have a problem with shutting down the pc, it's just staying on the windows shutting down screen, went to re-start after uninstalling za and I had to force shut it down with the power button, this is a brand new built to spec pc not something I would have expected!

rdave13 21:17 07 Jun 14

Third party software, not written properly, will damage the OS as you have found out. Restore to before you installed ZA if you have a restore point.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…