//some 3rd party need geo

wait till 2006 to build/upgrade pc-64 bit,longhorn

skaria 18:09 19 Jan 05

hi guys,
do you think is should wait till next year to upgrade my pc as there will be the 64bit processor and longhorn etc. The reason is at the bottom of this thread click here
ANy ideas would be appreciated. thanks in advance. Skaria

citadel 18:52 19 Jan 05

You could have a long wait as longhorn has been delayed numerous times.

skaria 18:59 19 Jan 05

what about on the whole. is it worth waiting

bremner 19:24 19 Jan 05

There is never an ideal time to buy a machine.

Whenever you buy it there will be new wonderful 'must have' technology just around the corner.

The time to buy/upgrade is when you can not do what you want to do with your current machine.

skaria 19:40 19 Jan 05

thanks for that. i understand your point. the only reason i want to upgrade is because of the graphics card. if you see the thread. so, i was wandering whether it is worth waiting till 2006, cos there is goinf to be the 64bit processor which is quite a big change in technology, which will probably be around for a while. or upgradingn now. i believe there is also going to be dual proceswssors. what do you think

skaria 19:41 19 Jan 05

thanks for that. i understand your point. the only reason i want to upgrade is because of the graphics card. if you see the thread. so, i was wandering whether it is worth waiting till 2006, cos there is goinf to be the 64bit processor which is quite a big change in technology, which will probably be around for a while. or upgradingn now. i believe there is also going to be dual proceswssors. what do you think?? thanks
Skaria

skaria 12:07 20 Jan 05

any ideas???

Djohn 12:17 20 Jan 05

Normally one would say the best time is now, updates will always be just round the corner and what you buy today will be superseded by next month.

Looking at page 22 of this months PCA magazine though suggest that there are major changes in hardware and software due at the latter end of this year - beginning of next year.

Unless you present system is quite dated, then I would be tempted to wait a while longer.

skaria 13:16 20 Jan 05

thanks you djohn. that is where i found out about it too, and what cahnged my viewpoint. does any1 disagree or agree. thanks
skaria

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:20 20 Jan 05

Unless you are using the graphics card for serious gaming there will be no point.

G

skaria 16:51 20 Jan 05

thanks gandalf, i will not be using it fro that serious gaming i dont think. just ut2004, half life 2 gtaIII maybe doomIII. I will definitely upgrade, but im not sure whether i should do that now or in about a year. What do you think??? Thanks, Skaria

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…