wacom tablet drivers being loaded ?

Morpheus© 08:08 03 Oct 03

I have installed the serial version of the wacom tablet, and it works OK, with the latest drivers, but,each time the PC starts a message comes up, saying that it is building a driver data base, like it did when i first installed it, anyone any idea why..........thanks.

Morpheus© 11:15 03 Oct 03

no one at all? :-)

Diemmess 12:39 03 Oct 03

I wonder whether you have "2" tablets installed?

Should be worth checking in Device Manager and even a look in msconfig (Startup) to see what is there.

I still use an "old" wacom serial tablet, which has survived in different boxes and os installations. Though it is not ticked in Startup and is the first thing on the screen, disappearing before the full desktop appears it works fine when I want it. (This is Win98SE by the way.)

alcudia 12:52 03 Oct 03

Current tablets still behave the same way on start up. Both mine are USB. It's probably connected with this dectection proccess.

Morpheus. What version of Windows are you using.

Diemmess 18:20 03 Oct 03

Have had a table since Win95 days and they have all had a serial connection.
These days there is little sign of conflicts and IRQ bother but it used to be quite tricky to have a mouse, tablet and modem all on comX intY and then there was the sound card.

I'm sorry but the only thing I can think of is the time honoured procedure of disconnection, removal of drivers, reboot with nothing attached, and then reboot again with the tablet reconnected and once more install the drivers.

Diemmess 18:22 03 Oct 03

Of course I have had a table! for that - read tablet.

Morpheus© 19:03 03 Oct 03

hi, sorry i am late back, it is win98, i shall go through all the above and report back..thanks

Morpheus© 19:50 03 Oct 03

had a look in MSCONFIG, and sure enough there are two, but only one is ticked, they both have the same wording, do i just hilight one and delete it.

thanks

keith-236785 20:20 03 Oct 03

Morpheus©

right click My Computer, properties, device manager. (My Computer, properties, hardware, device manager in WinXP)

see if the tablet is in twice, if so delete one (right click and remove or delete) and see what happens, if still no good remove both then shutdown and restart.

then let windows install the drivers for you.

that should solve it.

good luck

Morpheus© 09:20 04 Oct 03

thank you all for the help,there were two trying to load, taken one out, now it is ace...

when will i ever learn :-(

thanks ....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…