wab conversion

Wrinkly1 10:48 19 Jan 06

Wrinkly1 is back again asking for help,

I have an exported address book from Outlook Express which I seem unable to import. Is there a programme that converts wab files so that at least I can read them and re-enter as needed ?

I knew I should not have shot my Pigeon!

jimv7 10:54 19 Jan 06

You should be able to import address book as a wab file.

Simsy 10:57 19 Jan 06

I dont have the answer, but how did this come about? I presume, from what you said, that you exported from Outlook Express? Are you trying to import into Outlook Express as well?

Perhaps the file is corrupt... can the export be done again? Does it open OK in the original situation?

Is it to put the data onto a new PC? If so, perhaps the "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" might work.

Sorry if none of this helps!

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Gongoozler 10:59 19 Jan 06

Unless the address book file is corrupted, you should be able to overwrite one wab file with another. In XP the address book should be in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\{User}\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book, where {User} could be Administrator or another account name.

Wrinkly1 11:23 19 Jan 06

Thanks for suggestions thus far,
The address book is a copy made of my grandsons pc (which has literaly exploded!!) and held on a Cd. Attempting to enter the file gets me a message saying the file is locked by another programme (?) and using the transfer wizard results in the message that the folder does not contain info check that the path is correctly enterred. ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…