W98se/XP and external HD

prima12 11:10 08 Apr 07

My PC has an AMD Athlon 1700+ processor with 768MB of DDR Ram (I have already been told in a previous posting that W98 can only accommodate 512MB of Ram) I have an internal Maxtor HD of 40Gb, and a firewire external Maxtor HD of 120Gb. When I first I connected the external HD 'My Computor' didn't see it so I couldn't format it, however I did format it using MaxBlast4 software. My questions are,1. If I reinstall W98se will my external HD be automatically 'seen' because it has already benn formatted. 2. If I installed XP instead of W98 would the external HD be automatically 'seen' by XP. 3. Would the recommendation be W98 or XP? I think I already know the answer to 3. This external HD has all 'My Documents'on it. P.

MAJ 11:15 08 Apr 07

If you have formatted the external drive as NTFS then Win 98SE wont see it, if formatted as FAT32, both XP and Win 98SE will see it.

You already know the answer to #3........ XP.

MAJ 11:18 08 Apr 07

Course..... you could dual-boot Win98SE and XP. I always liked Win98SE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…