w98se. help needed to install

2cvtools 13:08 13 Jan 03
  2cvtools 13:08 13 Jan 03

Hi, somethings has happened to the comp and I am getting a message to install the windows disc 98se again.I think I need to start an install from scratch as the desktop will not even come up.I've tried pressing delete as the comp starts up but can't see how to load it there and also held down ctrl on start up to try that but still can't see how to do it.I need some directions and help, please. Thanks,2cvtools.

siarad 13:18 13 Jan 03

Set the BIOS to boot from CD-ROM. Boot from it & type setup

MalcSP 13:52 13 Jan 03

When starting the PC from power on keep tapping the del key until the BIOS set up screen appears. Select the CDROM setting for boot devices as 1st Boot. Save and exit. Restart the PC. Select to Install from the CDROM when the option appears. When it gives you the choice of directory to install to select other, it may say C:windows.000. Delete the .000, then continue the install. Don't forget to change the first boot device back to Floppy in the BIOS.

2cvtools 15:41 13 Jan 03

thank you. I have managed with your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…