W98 WME Support

phil46 21:24 04 May 06

I see W98 WME support is ending 11/7/06 i can understand W98 as it's 8 years old but WME is only 6 years old, nothing said about W2000 that to is 6 years old and WXP thats 5 years old,if that is the case then W2000 and WXP must be going to share the same fate within 2 years i hope this isn't a microsoft ploy to force people to use Vista i don't think older computers will cope to well with this OS.

mammak 21:41 04 May 06

Hi phil46 wouldnt have thought it was a ploy by Bill and co still an awful lot of people favour W98 I still have one works just fine and I have an W95 that again is ok for its specs I also have 1 Wxp pro and 2 Wxp home all are ok well not bad, but I see where you are coming from my 95 and 98 are not on my home network so updates are not an issue, but it is sad that peeos with perfectly working W98 will no longer have any support but it was on the cards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…