W7 and XBOX shared folders

iqs 22:21 05 Feb 11

Hi,

Up until today,I could stream content from my PC to my XBOX.The files on my PC were viewed via XBOX WMP

Today,the only way to watch content from my PC is via the XBOX Dashboard then Media,then Library .My PC is shown in select source.Desktop is accessible to view my content

I have gone through all the settings for sharing on a network,both on the PC and XBOX.

It must be working to view the desktop content.
The only thing I have noticed is when I create a new folder to share,and you click share with,the Nobody option has a padlock.

I have used the folder properties to share the folder,but still its not accessible via XBOX WMP

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:50 06 Feb 11

Make sure you have Windows Media Connect installed and running on your PC and that your 360 appears on the Devices tab as Allowed
(You can change the folders that are shared by doing what is stated below*)
If it is shown as allowed and you still cant get to the Media on your PC through your XBOX try:-

On your XBOX 360 go to System Tab > Computers > Windows-Based PC > Disconnect

Then go back to the Media Tab and select Music or Pictures your choice and it should now as you if Windows Media Connect is installed select yes, you should now be looking at your List of Music or Pictures

*By default your own documents is the only folder your 360 can gain access to you, can easily change this to any folder or drive you want by going to the Sharing Tab>Add...>Then direct it to any drive or folder on your HDD

iqs 19:45 06 Feb 11

thank you for the help Fruit Bat /\0/\ ,will follow your instructions and hopefully problem solved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac