W7 Problem with sound

m800afc 16:57 PM 01 Jan 13

Intel Core i7 CPU [email protected] 3.81GHz: 12Gb RAM: ATI Radeon HD 5770: Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio: Monitor 1 - BenQ2400W (Landscape) Monitor 2 - BenQ2400W (Portrait) Win 7 Pro 64bit: Epson Stylus Photo R1900.

The last couple of weeks I have had a problem with the sound on my computer. When I try to play some, but not all, mp3's or listen live to the BBC Radio 5 live, the sound is normal for 1-2 seconds then becomes garbled and unintelligible. It sounds a bit like DRM, but it can't be that because all the files are DRM free. I normally use Media Monkey for playback, but it is the same for WMP and Quicktime. My sound card is a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio and the Device Manager reports that the card is working as it should, and the driver is up to date.

When I transfer the same mp3 files to my Galaxy Sll they play play perfectly well. When I play any of my games the music and sound effects play normally.

Any help will be much appreciated.

john bunyan 17:59 PM 01 Jan 13

I have a similar sound card. It seems that this is the problem area and it may be worth contacting Creative at Customer Support. I had to replace my card a while ago; I thing something to do with the speakers caused a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016