W7 laptop - no wireless connection to printer

onthelimit 17 Dec 10

Compaq laptop, HP 309g printer, Thompson router.

Set it up last weekend and all worked OK. She rang 2 days later to say no print. Printer showed as 'off-line'. Uninstalled software and downloaded up to date version. Installation went OK until wireless where message 'cannot connect etc...check firwall...' Prints via USB OK. Printer Config Page shows it as connected to the router with an IP address of 192.168.1.65. - config source DHCP.

Any ideas, please.

onthelimit 18 Dec 10

Nobody?

Jollyjohn 19 Dec 10

In control panel right click on the printer and select properties.
Under ports check the printer is on the correct port. You will have to make the column wider to see the ip address of the port - tick the box with the correct address and the printer will appear online.

onthelimit 19 Dec 10

Thanks - I'll have a look next time I'm there.

oarenchina 29 Dec 10

Hi buddy,

I know only too well your feeling about the headache, since I am right on the way to crack the HP 309g printer.

I'm not entirely sure that I have the correct model, but I think it's an HP photo-smart premium 309g, using a network connection. It was working fine on my Ubuntu 9.10 install before, but one day it failed with the message "cups-missing-filter". I accidentally deleted it from the list of drivers. Now, whenever I run a tool to install it back, it hangs at "searching for network printers".

Anyway, really hope someone help you and me get us out of the hook?

Good luck!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message