Kudu 18:17 28 Oct 03

Got this on the computer and it's closing down everything.Norton AV can't remove it and i can't find it on Symantec website.Can anyone help.

VoG II 18:22 28 Oct 03

click here

Try Stinger click here

(NB McAfee/Stinger call this virus Nachi).

VoG II 18:24 28 Oct 03

Important - install the MS patch first click here

VoG II 18:26 28 Oct 03

There is a Norton removal tool click here

click here is Norton info on Welchia

david.h 18:43 28 Oct 03

on you nav warning dialog box click on the link which will be the name of the virus. this will take you to the nav web page for this virus. then goto control panel/system/remove system restore tick for system restore,click on the highlighted word tool back ion the web page and run the tool.
this should clear the virus.

run the tool a second time to confirm it has gone empty recycle bin and norton bin then reboot and put the tick back in system restore.

the latest version of this worm is not stopped by the xp update I found to my cost.

Kudu 19:03 28 Oct 03

Thanks for the links,used FixWelch and it seems to have cleared it out.It was my fault as i was doing clean instal on new computer and was on the internet for about ten mins. setting up my connection so as AV and firewall could get updates when i loaded them.I'll do it the other way round in future.

david.h will do what you suggest about system restore, recycle bin etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…