[email protected]

Teknik 16:13 25 Oct 03

My yahoomail account is being bombarded with these virus emails but luckily I haven't opened any since I delete the whole lot every few hours and don't use the account now for safety's sake. I've got XP and Norton (which doesn't scan Yahoo) but I want to know if there's a way I can put an end to these emails, or if my computer is in fact, infected. Would it be of any use to run a virus removal tool? I'm in a quandary sob sob. I need to hear from someone out there as all the help pages in Antivirus websites deal only with problems where the viruses have been opened and run.

VoG II 17:30 25 Oct 03

I don't think there's much you can do except delete them.

If you are worried that you have swen try running Stinger click here

Teknik 17:43 25 Oct 03

is it ok to run Stinger if I have Norton as well?

VoG II 17:44 25 Oct 03

Yes. You might want to turn off Norton whilst you run it though.

powerless 17:44 25 Oct 03

Yes.

palinka 17:49 25 Oct 03

when I had this problem Chegs recommended using Decombobulator (I may have that name slightly incorrect) from click here.

Fateful Shadow 18:59 25 Oct 03

I have had this worm many a time now, but the weird thing is they only seem to come on days which have a 'y' in their name (think about it...)

Teknik 11:43 26 Oct 03

thanks,, I've not been able to get back to you all because this site was down, but I'll run Stinger now, VoG; and thanks to you, palinka (weird name that, "Decom,, " whatever, lol !

Teknik 13:22 26 Oct 03

it seems the computer is clean according to Stinger; thanks Vog. I keep the updates in check too but thanks Fateful Shadow. Guess if I stay away from the account it might be closed down by Yahoo? I could start afresh?

Thanks to you all anyway ;-))
Teknik

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…