W32.Spybot.Worm

SebBux 12:07 02 Dec 08

Hi

Re: W32.Spybot.Worm

Norton has found W32.Spybot.Worm on pc. But cannot resolve it.

Whats best to use?

Thanks.

johndrew 14:05 02 Dec 08

This provides simple removal instructions and I can recommend the Trend Micro SysClean facility as it is good if a little long winded. click here

Symantec removal instructions on the other hand are long but also good for techies. click here

User-1212661 20:20 09 Dec 08

Hi SebBux,

What Norton product and version do you have installed? Please let me know.

The first step you should take is to run LiveUpdate, possibly multiple times, until you are advised that no more updates are available. When that process is complete, make sure that you have Norton set to scan all files and then perform a "Full System Scan."

If it is still unable to remove the infection, the infected files could be hiding in one of your restore points. Carefully follow the instructions in the link below to manually remove the infection.

click here

Thanks,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
click here

wis 20:24 09 Dec 08

down load
malwarebytes+antispyware update both,run full scan in safe mode

wis 20:28 09 Dec 08

when done turn restore off back on this will clear all restore points so you wont put this crap back on

VOT Productions 20:59 01 Jan 09

Dowenload Malwarebytes

Terry Brown 15:09 04 Jan 09

I find that A2 free click here from EMSI software, will usually remove stubborn virus & trogans and even find other that Norton may have missed.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…